I have rewritten the code for the multiple choice cloze so that it avoids the use of pop-up windows. I have also made the code a little simpler. The tool is now complete and I am planning to write another authoring program using Java for this.
I wrote this exercise because I wanted to give my students some practice in paragraphing. The idea was to produce an online version of the standard kind of exercise where students divide a piece of continuous text into different paragraphs. It’s pretty simple stuff – the user is told how many paragraphs there are and […]
I have finally got round to finishing the Dialog Builder. I wanted a tool that would allow students to do some work on situational dialogues before attending a class, to act as a sort of warmer. The student hears one part of a dialogue and then chooses from a list of possible responses. If they […]
A while ago I wanted to include a simple navigation bar / indicator at the top of each page in a sequence of pages. The idea was that the user could use it to move between pages in a sequence and at the same time get a clear indication of their progress in the sequence. […]
I have improved the script that I wrote which can be used to display a GMT time in the local time of a visitor to the page, and the script can be downloaded.
Of course this script only works if the user has their computer clock set to their time zone, but the script now […]